Want to get in front of people who are looking to pay someone to do exactly what you do? A quick wake-up call for businesses resisting social media. Let’s take a look at the facts:
- Social media and online marketing will help you in online search: Using sites like YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ will help you to get found online since they are considered authoritative sites by Google and the other main search engines. If you are not being found online, chances are you are missing huge opportunities for leads and sales. If someone Google’s you and your business, and you don’t come up but someone else in the area does, you just lost out on business. Even if you are a referral, don’t kid yourself, people will be checking you out online, and if you don’t have anything there, you will be fighting an uphill battle to get credibility
- Gives you a platform to show off your expertise and to educate your clients on the value of your quality products and services. So for example if you are a dentist and you have the latest teeth whitening service, you can use social media platforms to show you doing a demonstration of the new technique. Educate them on the process, thereby lowering their resistance, helping them make an informed decision, and also get them more comfortable with you. If another dentist in the area, is doing the same procedure, but you were the one who they see talking and doing the procedure online, who are they most likely going to call first?
- Allows you to advertise for less cost than traditional print media in as well as specify a highly targeted demographic. You may create an ad in the newspaper that hits 100,000 homes and you can pray that they don’t throw it away in the junk mail pile, or if you are on Facebook, you can create an ad that is for women only, that live in a certain mile radius, are married or single, are a specific age group, etc. etc. and it will show up right in their personal feed when they are scanning for updates.
- Provides an excellent market research tool: If you are a personal wellness coach, you can offer content around a particular topic you are thinking of designing a program around. If nobody is commenting, sharing or reacting to those information pieces, you know that it is most likely not one that your target customer is looking to explore at that time. You may revisit it later, but for now, you just saved yourself a bunch of time and money creating a program that most likely wouldn’t sell very well.
- Gives you the ability to deepen the relationship and to provide exceptional customer service. People are loyal to brands they interact with online and people are interested in other purchaser’s prior customer care experiences. A recent study looked into the buying habits of 22-55 year old college educated consumers that were earning more than 100k per year and found that online research played a huge part in their buying process; they also found
74% choose companies/brands based on others’ customer care experiences shared online. You can read more here http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2054338/Study-Search-Plays-Key-Role-in-Brand-Loyalty-Customer-Care-Research. Having other’s talk about the wonderful, positive experiences that they have had with you and your business gives you a tremendous competitive advantage.
So what are you waiting for? To find out more about how we can help you with creating your competitive advantage today, check us out at http://www.chatterboxsocialmedia.com or email us at Hannah@chatterboxsocialmedia.com